- Get Acquainted
- Come Celebrate
- Come Learn
- Come Join In
- Contact Us
B'nai Emunah Services
Worship at B'nai Emunah
Rabbi Mark and Cantor Linda have designed our prayer services to be a blend of tradition and innovation. We aim to strike a balance between English and Hebrew. We use Siddur Sim Shalom for Shabbat and Festivals as our prayerbook and Etz Hayim, Torah and Commentary as our Chumash.
We encourage participation by congregants of all ages. Most of the Torah reading is done by members of the congregation.
Please help all of us achieve a full spiritual experience by honoring our sacred space and time in the following ways:
- Male guests are requested to wear a Kippah; tallitot (prayer shawls) should only be worn by Jews.
- We request that you silence your cell phones and other electronic devices when entering the building.
- Please refrain from photography of any kind during Shabbat and holidays.
- If you have something important to discuss with your neighbor, please step into the social hall.
- Friday Evenings - 7 PM
- Saturday and Festival Mornings - 9:45 AM
- Family Shabbat - First Saturday of the month - 10:30 AM
- Cookie Minyan Youth Service - Second Saturday of the month - 10:45 AM
- Daven and Nosh - First two Thursday mornings of the month - - 9:30 AM
Come join us on the first and second Thursdays of the month at 9:30 AM for an informal morning service, including a short discussion of the week's parsha, followed by schmoozing over coffee and bagels. Tallis and Tefilin are optional.
Services are usually led by Rabbi Mark with help from the congregation.
This is a good chance to speak informally with Rabbi Mark, as well as to make new friends. The discussion is always lively.
We use Siddur Sim Shalom for Weekdays as our prayerbook. When we have a minyan, we will take out the Torah and read the first section of the week's parsha.