- Get Acquainted
- Come Celebrate
- Come Learn
- Come Join In
- Contact Us
High Holydays 5773 / 2012 at B'nai Emunah
We find ourselves on this earth, again traveling away from our summer and towards our winter. As the days shorten and the nights cool, we grasp the warm hand of our tradition. It leads us to a place of soul searching and spiritual focus.
For further information, to order tickets, or to make a donation, please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415-664-7373.
Please invite friends and family members to join us as well. May your high holidays be spiritual and fulfilling as you gather with our B'nai Emunah family.
L'Shanah Tovah to you and your families,
Pete Gleichenhaus, President Congregation B'nai Emunah
Non-members may purchase High Holyday Tickets by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 415-664-7373. We have limited space, so we urge you to make your reservations and make your payment as soon as possible. No tickets will be sold at the door, and no one will be admitted without a ticket. Please send in payment by September 4, 2012.
Our regular ticket prices are:
- $180 each for Adults
- $50 each for Students with ID
- $25 each for Children under 6
This covers admission to all services.
No one will be turned away from B'nai Emunah due to lack of funds.
Note that B'nai Emunah members in good standing receive tickets for all adults and children under 25 in the family unit. Members may purchase additional tickets at a discount.
We want to encourage you to consider becoming part of the B'nai Emunah family. This year we are again offering a trial membership to anyone who is interested in seriously exploring Membership. A deeply discounted six month trial is available to anyone who has never attended our High Holyday Services and has never been a member. This offer includes tickets for all High Holyday services. The price is $100 per family unit.
All services, except Tashlich, will be held at the synagogue, 3595 Taraval St., San Francisco 94116. The services in the main sanctuary will be led by Rabbi Mark Melamut and Cantor Linda Semi. Cantor Linda will be accompanied by our volunteer choir.
In parallel with the main service in the sanctuary, Rabbi Mark will lead Family Services. These services will be less formal and more participatory. They are geared for the entire family.
We encourage congregational participation in our services. If you would like to be honored with an aliyah, lifting or dressing the Sefer Torah, an English reading, or an ark opening, please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-664-7373.
Tickets are required for Erev Rosh HaShanah, Rosh HaShanah Morning, Kol Nidre, and Yom Kippur Morning Services.
Childcare is available at peak times during services. Children’s services are conducted on the mornings of Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur and in the late afternoon of Yom Kippur. All children are invited to the bimah at the end of Yom Kippur to hold a candle for Havdalah.
Selichot - Saturday, September 8, 2012 - 9:00 PM
- 9:00 - 11:00 pm - Study Session
- 11:00 pm - 12:05 am - Selichot Service led by Rabbi Mark and Cantor Linda
All are welcome to attend. No tickets are needed.
Rosh HaShanah - Sunday, September 16 - Tuesday, September 18, 2012
- Sunday, September 16, 8:00 - 9:00 pm - Erev Rosh HaShanah Service
- Monday, September 17, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm - Rosh HaShanah Day 1 Morning Service w/ Kiddush
- Monday, September 17, 10:00 - 11:00 am - Family Service
- Monday, September 17, 2:30 -3:00 pm - Tashlich Service at Ocean Beach
- Tuesday, September 18, 8:30 am - 2:00 pm - Day 2 Morning Service w/ Kiddush
- Tuesday, September 18, 10:00 - 11:00 am - Family Service
Yom Kippur - Tuesday, September 25 - Wednesday, September 26, 2012
- Tuesday, September 25, 6:30 - 9:30 pm - Kol Nidre Service - Ticket Required - *** Please arrive on time
- Wednesday September 26, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm - Yom Kippur Morning Service - Ticket Required
- Wednesday September 26, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm - Family Service, led by Rabbi Mark - Ticket Required
- Wednesday September 26, 3:45pm - 5:15 pm - Study Sessions
- Wednesday September 26, 5:15 pm - 7:30 pm - Afternoon Service, Yizkor, and Concluding Services
- Wednesday September 26, 7:45 - 9:00 pm - Community Break the Fast - Everyone is invited for a light meal.
Congregation B’nai Emunah will be holding its annual High Holy Days Food Drive, in connection with the San Francisco Food Bank, on Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur. Please remember those who are less fortunate and hungry, and bring a can or box of nonperishable food when you come to services. Glass items are not acceptable due to chance of breakage.
In Jewish tradition, the Days of Awe are a time for Teshuva (repentence), Tefilah (prayer), and Tzedaka (righteous giving). We offer you several excellent opportunities for "righteous giving", all of which benefit our synagogue community and allow us to provide excellent services and programming throughout the year.
- Add a greeting to the September Profile newsletter. Suggested donation is $36 for two lines or $72 for a business card. The deadline is August 31, 2012.
- Honor the memory of your loved ones in the Yizkor Memorial Book - Minimum requested donation is $36 and $9 per name for each name after the first four. - The deadline is August 31, 2012.
- We will send Honey Jars of locally produced kosher honey to congregants or to friends and family - Send your greetings to the entire congregation for $180. Send greetings to individual congregants for $10 each for the first two congregants and $8 for each subsequent congregant. For $18 you can send a jar and a personalized card to someone outside the congregation. - The deadline is August 31, 2012.
- Accept an Aliyah (going up to the Torah) for a Rosh HaShanah or Yom Kippur morning service - Lifting or dressing the Torah scroll are also options - Receive a special blessing (MiSheBeirach) for yourself and your loved ones - This is an important honor which is deserving of a meaningful donation. Deadline is September 5, 2012.
- Make a Kol Nidre Pledge - Pledge cards will be distributed at Kol Nidre services on September 25, 2012. You may also donate online.
For further information e-mail the office at email@example.com or call 415-664-7373.